Saturday evening, a dinner went wrong when an accident resulting in a fire and 4 injured restaurant patrons occurred at the Ozona Blue Grilling Co. in Palm Harbor, Florida.
According to county police department officials, the accident happened when a 28-year old waiter at the restaurant was preparing a tableside order of bananas foster for one table's dessert. To make the dessert, alcohol is added to the pan and then lit on fire.
Investigators report that the bottle of 151-proof liquor was too close to the dessert and the flame from the dish crept towards the bottle of liquor. The bottle caught fire and the waiter lost control, spilling the flaming alcohol onto the table of four.
One 25-year old woman at the table suffered third degree burns and was taken to Tampa General Hospital in a helicopter. Another woman at the table, 56, suffered respiratory burns. Two men at the table experienced minor burn injuries.
If you or someone you know has suffered injuries in a fire on another's property, contact the Denver premises fire lawyers of Hull & Zimmerman, P.C. at (303) 423-1770 and set up an appointment to meet with one of our experienced premises liability attorneys.