Do you have a case? Find out for FREE

Call: 303.423.1770 or Toll-Free 866.385.3505

We are OPEN and ready to help you. Learn how we use video, phone and electronic document signing during COVID-19. Learn More


Car Accident Attorneys

Business man texting while driving

According to the National Safety Council, over one-quarter of all car accidents involve drivers who are using their cell phones. General cell phone use is responsible for 21% of crashes while texting is to blame for an additional 16%. This brings the total of cell phone-related accidents to 37% of all crashes. If you’ve been injured in an accident with a distracted driver, our Northglenn car accident attorneys can help.

While driving distractions are nothing new, technological advancements have certainly enhanced the problem. With modern smart phones, drivers have the Internet at their fingertips. They provide us with the ability to surf the web, check email, text friends, tweet and post to social media- all while behind the wheel. Laws restricting these behaviors have had some impact, however, too many drivers continue to participate in these unsafe behaviors.

Texting: The Most Dangerous Distraction

Talking on a cell phone while driving is dangerous, increasing the odds that you’ll be in an accident by four times. That is minimal, however, compared to texting while driving, which increases your odds of crashing by an astonishing 23 times.

Why is texting so much more dangerous? Texting involves all three primary categories of distractions- visual, manual, and cognitive.

When a person texts and drives, not only are their hands away from the steering wheel, but their eyes are off the road. In addition, their minds are busy reading and processing incoming messages instead of their surroundings. The average text message takes about five seconds to read. If a vehicle is traveling at 55 mph, during those five seconds, it could travel the length of a football field before the driver looks up at the road again.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention conducted a study in which they discovered that 69% of all drivers ages 18 to 64 had talked on their cell phones in the past thirty days. Furthermore, 31% of drivers 18 to 24 years-old self-reported they had texted while driving during the same period of time.

Distracted Driving Statistics

On U.S. roads each year, distracted drivers kill 3,328 people and injure another 421,000. Many of these drivers are distracted by their cell phones while driving- choosing to put themselves and others in harm’s way despite knowing the odds.


At Hull & Zimmerman, P.C., we are honored to help accident victims in their time of need, and take our responsibility as personal injury lawyers incredibly seriously. We know how important it is for victims to secure the full and fair compensation they need following a serious accident, and that is why we take a hands-on, personalized approach to every case we handle.

What Our
Clients Say

Our Law Blog

Paste your AdWords Remarketing code here