Do you have a case? Find out for FREE

Call: 303-423-1770 or Toll-Free 866-385-3505

We offer in person as well as contactless consultations and document signings. Located in Northglenn Colorado, we proudly serve the North Denver communities. Learn More

How Long Do I Have to File My Claim?

Known as the Statute of Limitations, there are special laws that forbid claimants from coming forward after a specified period of time has passed since an accident. As with many other states, Colorado allows injured individuals two years to file a personal injury claim after the original date of injury. In cases when injury may have developed over a vague period of time, this is generally specified as when the claimant reasonably should have known they were injured. For minors, the statute of limitations does not begin to apply until they reach the age of 18.

However longer and shorter Statutes of Limitation (SOL) may apply depending on the nature of your case. If it is a car crash, the SOL is 3 years. If it is an assault, the SOL is one year. Special rules also apply if the injured person is a child or was incompetent during the time the time that one normally measures the SOL expiration date. To avoid your claim being barred by the Statutes of Limitation, you should contact an attorney immediately.

More information on Lawsuit Claims:

For more information regarding your legal options if you are still considering a personal injury claim, contact the North Denver personal injury lawyers of Hull & Zimmerman, P.C., at (303) 423-1770.


At Hull & Zimmerman, P.C., we are honored to help accident victims in their time of need, and take our responsibility as personal injury lawyers incredibly seriously. We know how important it is for victims to secure the full and fair compensation they need following a serious accident, and that is why we take a hands-on, personalized approach to every case we handle.

What Our
Clients Say

Our Law Blog