Do you have a case? Find out for FREE

Call: 303-423-1770 or Toll-Free 866-385-3505

We offer in person as well as contactless consultations and document signings. Located in Northglenn Colorado, we proudly serve the North Denver communities. Learn More

Lafayette Legal FAQs


Q: What is the definition of a personal injury claim?

A: A personal injury claim is for an injury caused by the negligence of another party. The victim has the right to file a civil lawsuit and seek compensation for their losses from the at-fault party.

Some common personal injury claims include:


Q: What kind of compensation am I entitled to for whiplash?

A: With the growing popularity of the Denver metro area comes more people, more cars, more cyclists, more of everything, including more accidents. We see several whiplash cases and while most are not serious, they can be debilitating.

Seek medical treatment as soon as possible after any vehicle accident.


Q: Do I need to hire an attorney to file my civil lawsuit?

A: You do not need a personal injury attorney to file your case. If you have the time and resources to take care of it yourself, you are legally able to do so. However, the process is complicated and can be very confusing. If your matter involves losses in excess of $2000.00, we recommend speaking to a lawyer to learn of your options, rights, timeframes, and the process so you can make an educated decision about hiring an attorney or taking care of the matter on your own.


Q: I was injured as the passenger in a car involved in an accident. What should I do?

A: After seeking medical care for your injury, you should reach out to an experienced vehicle accident attorney to hear your options. You do have rights and if your injuries were sustained due to another’s negligence, you can seek compensation. You may also have insurance benefits available to you through your own car insurance and from the car insurance covering the car in which you were driving.

Do not speak to the attorney of the at-fault party or their insurance adjuster without speaking to your own attorney first. The lawyers at Hull & Zimmerman, P.C. will advise you on how the process works so you feel confident and can receive the fair amount you are due.


Q: If an insurance company approaches me to settle, should I do it?

A: You should never agree to terms or sign anything that is unfair or that you don’t understand. If you are approached to settle and unsure if the damages are adequate, speak with a personal injury lawyer. Note that insurance companies have their best interest in mind, not yours. They are going to try to pay you as little as possible, so even if the amount is more than you expected, you likely deserve more.


At Hull & Zimmerman, P.C., we are honored to help accident victims in their time of need, and take our responsibility as personal injury lawyers incredibly seriously. We know how important it is for victims to secure the full and fair compensation they need following a serious accident, and that is why we take a hands-on, personalized approach to every case we handle.

What Our
Clients Say

Our Law Blog