Do you have a case? Find out for FREE

Call: 303-423-1770 or Toll-Free 866-385-3505

We offer in person as well as contactless consultations and document signings. Located in Northglenn Colorado, we proudly serve the North Denver communities. Learn More

Filing a Lawsuit against the Government

Filing a Lawsuit against the Government

A person injured due to a government employee’s negligent conduct may be entitled to file for financial compensation under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA). This law protects people who are injured by a government employee acting for the government and in a capacity that is not strictly governmental. These types of cases can be particularly complicated as the claimant is bringing a case against the federal government, which has a number of protections; however, a qualified attorney may be able to help a person get the compensation they need.

If the cost of your injuries has placed a significant burden on your household, you may need to seek compensation from the government employee or agency responsible for your injury. To learn more about your legal options, contact a Denver personal injury lawyer of Hull & Zimmerman, P.C., by calling (303) 423-1770.

The Rules of the Federal Tort Claims Act

When a person files under the FTCA, they have to follow the legal guidelines established by the law. According to the FTCA, a person needs to first file an administrative claim with the responsible government agency before any case can proceed to court. In order to successfully file this administrative claim, a person must:

  • File within two years of an injury
  • Include the exact amount of expected compensation
  • Include detailed information about the injury and incident
  • Sue within six months if they dispute the agency’s response

If a person isn’t satisfied with the compensation the agency is willing to pay or wants to appeal a claim denial, the case must be taken to court. When doing this, the assistance of a qualified and knowledgeable attorney may prove invaluable.

Contact Us

If you’re looking for someone to assist you with your personal injury claim against the government, our attorneys are prepared to meet your needs. For more information about how we may be able to help you prepare your case, contact a Denver personal injury attorney of Hull & Zimmerman, P.C., at (303) 423-1770 today.


At Hull & Zimmerman, P.C., we are honored to help accident victims in their time of need, and take our responsibility as personal injury lawyers incredibly seriously. We know how important it is for victims to secure the full and fair compensation they need following a serious accident, and that is why we take a hands-on, personalized approach to every case we handle.

What Our
Clients Say