Do you have a case? Find out for FREE

Call: 303-423-1770 or Toll-Free 866-385-3505

We offer in person as well as contactless consultations and document signings. Located in Northglenn Colorado, we proudly serve the North Denver communities. Learn More

Military Family and Veterans Injury Claims

Military Family and Veterans Injury Claims

The Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) and Feres Doctrine disallow active-duty military service members from filing an injury claim against the federal government. However, these laws and regulations do not always extend to instances where a service member’s family or a veteran is injured because of the military’s negligence. In these situations, there may be a legal opportunity to pursue compensation for injuries caused by negligent conduct.

Understanding your rights to file a legal claim can be difficult under any circumstances; however, as a military member or relative of a military member, it can be exponentially more complicated. As such, speaking with a legal professional about your rights and the law as it pertains to your situation may be necessary.

Compensation Claims against the Military

Although active-duty service members are barred from pursuing compensation if they are injured in incidence to service, this legal limit doesn’t extend to their families, veterans, or other civilians injured by the military’s negligence. These claims may include the following:

  • Injuries sustained while on a base or other military installation
  • Injuries sustained due to failures in military vehicles
  • Slip and fall injuries at a military facility
  • Negligent misconduct involving the storage or use of weaponry or dangerous materials

These injury claims may be particularly useful for an injured individual, as they may be able to recover medical costs, out-of-pocket expenses, and any wages lost during their injury recovery.

Contact Us

The financial burdens that can arise from an injury sustained due to military negligence may leave your household in significant debt. However, it doesn’t have to be this way, and you don’t need to face the government alone. To learn more about how we may be able to stand with you in your injury claim, contact an injury attorney from Hull & Zimmerman, P.C, by calling (303) 423-1770 today.


At Hull & Zimmerman, P.C., we are honored to help accident victims in their time of need, and take our responsibility as personal injury lawyers incredibly seriously. We know how important it is for victims to secure the full and fair compensation they need following a serious accident, and that is why we take a hands-on, personalized approach to every case we handle.

What Our
Clients Say