Do you have a case? Find out for FREE

Call: 303.423.1770 or Toll-Free 866.385.3505

We are OPEN and ready to help you. Learn how we use video, phone and electronic document signing during COVID-19. Learn More

Louisville Legal FAQs


Q:  How long will my personal injury lawsuit last?

A:  There is no right answer to this question because every case is different and runs the gamut with severity, challenges, and complications. We will work with the other party and the insurance agencies to try to make your legal process as quick as possible. Usually, the goal is to settle the case prior to trial; however, that does not always happen.

We’ve settled cases and received damages for our clients in as little as two weeks. But, we’ve also worked on cases that necessitated a trial and preparing can take up to years.

We believe in open communication at Hull & Zimmerman, P.C. and we will tell you upfront how long we believe your claim will take, but we can never say for sure since other parties are involved.


Q:  What is the statute of limitations to file my personal injury claim in Colorado?

A:  Colorado’s statute of limitations to file your claim is generally two years from the date of the accident for most accidents, and three years from the date of the accident for car accidents. There are some exceptions and the court may determine that you are allotted more time.

Speaking with a personal injury lawyer as soon as you can after your accident will answer a lot of your questions and may provide the peace of mind you’re looking for.


Q:  How is pain and suffering determined and how much can I get for it?

A:  Pain and suffering is determined by the amount of suffering you’ve encountered. This can be through financial and property loss, emotional or mental anguish, catastrophic injuries, the death of a loved one, and more. The more significant your injuries, the more compensation you can get for your pain and suffering.

If your case is minor, you can still seek damages for pain and suffering, Generally the amount you receive is about 50% of the amount of your financial losses.


Q:  What kind of compensation is permitted in a personal injury claim?

A:  Your compensation will be based on the accident, its severity, your injuries, and all damages incurred. Damages come in many forms, some include:

  • Medical expenses
  • Lost wages
  • Disability or disfigurement 
  • Emotional and mental trauma
  • Mental disability
  • Embarrassment 
  • Loss of quality of life
  • Out of pocket expenses you wouldn’t normally have (house cleaner, lawn care, delivery services, Ubers, etc.) 
  • And more

Depending on your case and injuries, a skilled attorney will be able to prove that you are entitled to non-economic damages and get you a figure that will help support you and your family now and in the future.


At Hull & Zimmerman, P.C., we are honored to help accident victims in their time of need, and take our responsibility as personal injury lawyers incredibly seriously. We know how important it is for victims to secure the full and fair compensation they need following a serious accident, and that is why we take a hands-on, personalized approach to every case we handle.

What Our
Clients Say

Our Law Blog

Paste your AdWords Remarketing code here