Do you have a case? Find out for FREE

Call: 303-423-1770 or Toll-Free 866-385-3505

We offer in person as well as contactless consultations and document signings. Located in Northglenn Colorado, we proudly serve the North Denver communities. Learn More

Superior Legal FAQs


Q:  How do you determine who is at fault in a multi-vehicle accident? ?

A:  After a vehicle collision involving only one or two vehicles, it’s usually relatively easy to determine who is at fault. However, when several vehicles are involved, the process is much more difficult. Hiring an experienced accident attorney will benefit your case greatly. Hull & Zimmerman, P.C. has the resources to fully investigate your claim, work with witnesses and experts, and get you the maximum amount of compensation.


Q:  I was in a collision with a semi-truck. What should I do next?

A:  If you have been injured in a commercial truck accident, seek medical attention immediately. Large truck collisions can cause a lot of damage to you physically, mentally, and to your personal property.

No matter the severity of the accident, hiring a legal professional to support you in this matter should be your next step. Skilled attorneys will complete an investigation and determine the cause of the collision. It is important to hire an attorney quickly so as to prevent important evidence from being lost. By example, most trucks have “black boxes” which will show the speed and braking of the truck immediately before the collision. Almost always, the trucking company can be held accountable, as well as the driver. Working with insurance adjusters, witnesses, and the courts should take a backseat to your recovery. Let the truck accident attorneys at Hull & Zimmerman, P.C. take on that process so you can stay focused on more important matters.


Q:  What should I do immediately following an accident of any kind?

A:  In most cases, you should follow any of the applicable steps below:

  • Take pictures or videos of the scene, injuries, and damages
  • Get contact information from any witnesses
  • Document your version of what happened while it’s fresh in your mind
  • Seek medical attention ASAP and follow their directions
  • Find a skilled personal injury attorney


Q:  What if I’m partially to blame for my injury?

A: Colorado is a modified comparative negligence state. This means that if you are responsible for under 50% of the blame, you can still seek damages from the party who was determined to be more negligent. An experienced injury lawyer will investigate your claim and let you know if this is available to you. Hull & Zimmerman, P.C. recommends speaking to an attorney after an accident to learn of your options.


Q:  What are my property damage rights after an auto accident?

A:  The negligent party (or their insurance company) must ensure that the damage is repaired or that you are paid the fair value of the property WHICHEVER IS LESS. Meaning, your vehicle will be repaired where damaged in the collision or you will receive its fair market value at the time of the collision.

If other items were damaged or destroyed in the accident, you will have legal claim for those items as well. So, if you had a bike on the back of your car or skis on the top of your car and those things were harmed, a personal injury attorney will fight to get compensation for those belongings, too.


At Hull & Zimmerman, P.C., we are honored to help accident victims in their time of need, and take our responsibility as personal injury lawyers incredibly seriously. We know how important it is for victims to secure the full and fair compensation they need following a serious accident, and that is why we take a hands-on, personalized approach to every case we handle.

What Our
Clients Say

Our Law Blog